Read Psalm 94
Scholars aren’t sure who wrote Psalm 94. But one thing is certain–this psalmist was desperate for the Lord to intervene on his behalf. He appears to do a lot of self-talk, considering he asks nine questions in his cry of desperation. One question in particular stands out . . .
“Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?” Psa. 94:16
While we live in a day and time when it appears evil is winning as pressure on Christ-followers mounts, we can find comfort, hope, and strength in the words of this desperate man. Scattered between his rhetorical questions, the psalmist reveals what God can and will do:
- He is fully aware of what’s happening in our nation and the world today (94:9-10)
- Almighty God knows our very thoughts (94:11)
- He brings relief when trouble increases (94:13)
- The Lord remains faithful and loyal to His followers (94:14)
- His judgment is perfect and righteous, and the upright in heart will understand when it’s revealed (94:15)
- Meanwhile, if we slip, His love supports us (94:18)
- He replaces anxiety with consolation and joy (94:19)
- God is our fortress and refuge (94:22)
- He is just and will repay those who deserve His vengeance (94:23)
Take heart! God is aware, and He will arise! Don’t rush Him. Just trust Him.